A blast from the past featuring some of my favourite commercial dance tracks from the 90s.
Dance music of the day was structured someone different than it is nowadays. Today most extended dance mixes contain an introduction of 32 measures making it easier to mix, but the tracks here are disjointed, of varied speeds and and incredibly hard to get beat match. It took a lot of effort to blend the tracks with lots of looping and hot cue-ing. I even had to get Captain Planet in to help me at times (not really!).In the end, it works really well and I’ve been enjoying listening to this for the past few days.
The latter half of the mix becomes more anthemic (as I get more and more drunk).
- Here Comes The Hotstepper – Ini Kamoze
- Gonna Make You Sweat (Clivilles & Cole 1991 Hip House Club Mix) – C+C Music Factory
- Wiggle It – 2 In A Room
- The Power – Snap!
- Show Me Love (Stonebridge Mix) – Robin S
- Finally (Classic Funky Mix) – CeCe Peniston
- Please Don’t Go – DJ Ross Vs Double You
- If You Could Read My Mind – Stars On 54
- What is Love (Klaas Impact Mix) – Haddaway
- I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred
- Everybody’s Free (7th Heaven Remix) – Rozalla
- The Rhythm Of The Night (Almighty Essential Mix) – Corona
- Believe (Almighty 12″ Definitive Mix) – Cher
- We Like To Party – Vengaboys
- Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Glamma Mix) – Nicki French